What is counselling?
- Counselling is a "talking therapy" that takes place in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- It provides you with an opportunity to discuss your concerns with an independent person.
- Although a human relationship and at times reminiscent of friendship the counselling relationship is strictly professional.
- Counsellors provide challenges and information, but do not advise you on how to live your life.
Do I need counselling?
- Counselling can offer fresh perspectives on how you see yourself and your life.
- If your concerns are impacting on how you live your life talking to a counsellor can help lighten your burden.
What can counselling do for me?
- You can develop and strengthen your coping strategies which can help you manage:
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Long or short-term bouts of sadness (depression) Alcohol or other drug problems
- Anger issues / Work stress
- Unsatisfactory personal relationships
- Current or past experience of abuse or bullying
- Loss of interest and direction in life
- You can seek counselling for anything that is important to you.
Get in touch >
©2019 Gary Baker. All rights reserved.